Tuesday 5 May 2009

Great Address

I just listened to a fantastic CES Fireside by Elder David A. Bednar. He spoke of the sacredness of our bodies, taking an approach that I hadn't considered before. Of particular interest to me were his words describing the way in which Satan strives to diminish the importance of our physical bodies, and our relationships with those around us, through enticing us to become addicted to technology such as video games, social networks, and other mediums of virtual reality. He spoke plainly and raised a powerful warning voice. I highly recommend his address to everyone. Here's the link:

http://lds.org/move/index.html?type=ces&event=1&lang=english

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. My older kids all went to that fireside! My daughters were really impressed -- my son who has the problem (sort of) not so much. Sigh. But at least he went...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your thoughts on this. It makes total sense that Satan would try to diminish our bodies since he can never have one. I posted a review about the Scrapbox on my blog, if you’d like to see a pic, come visit!

    ReplyDelete